Saturday, May 14, 2011

About me ....

My short name is Kiire Jalka Varjoisa Maanalainen, but my friends call me Kii or Maani .
I was born in Dwimovel, in the Darklands.

My father Zarzuket is an alchemist, so I grew up in a house filled up with magical extracts, potions and oils. Probably because of this I always felt a special affinity with magic (trait Magical knack, class Magus).

My mother's mother, Trig, is a surface gnome, so I am 3/4 Svirfneblin and 1/4 surfaceling.
From my 'surface' blood I got my blunt hairs and the skin color and few other characteristics.

Since my childhood my mother Majet always told me stories about the blue sky, the green forests, the blowing wind, the big open sees, a world full of colors, and when I've got grown up enough, I convinced my parents to send me to the surface, to the big metropolis of Absalon, the nearest exit to the surface from Dwimovel, to stay with my grandmother and my aunt's family.

Wandering around for Absalon I learned many things, and I've got an insane passion for traveling. When I discovered the monumental Pathfinder Lodge and its scope, I started hanging around in the area, trying to get as many information about the Lodge as I could. I managed to meet a member, a trader from Qadira, named Abd al malik, who take me under his protection and started tutoring me and teaching me things about the wonders of Golarion, about Qadira and about their traditions (trait Desert Shadow). I also started training with the scimitar which got my preferred weapon and I got captivated by the Dervish Dance which I started exercising all the time I could.
After some time I discovered that his only goal in tutoring me was to get my trust and to use me to discover the secret path to Dwimovel, maybe for using it for a new trade route or for something worse ....

He didn't take well my 'quick look' to his secret documentation and my getting few souvenirs (between others my training scimitar and some maps) from his home,
so I decided that was time for me to change air, leave Absalom and to start exploring the world, but where to start ?

Nivi Rhombodazzle and Cayden Cailean came to my help:

a cousin of my mother, Roomalaiskatollinen Pappi, cleric of Cayden Cailean, wrote to my parents asking for advise.
Near his home town, Jovvox, located in the area of the River Kingdoms, recently have seen an increased presence of feys and some other Darklands denizens. It could be a new exit way from the Darklands, and therefore the feys coming from the Court of Ether, or maybe the fey are coming directly from the First World.
A strong activity of the dark feys from the Court of Ether would mean big troubles !
Knowing that the observation of the Court of Ether is one of the main concern of the Svirfneblin, he decided to ask for help writing to my parents.

My father, knowing my love and my wish of exploring the surface world, and trusting me as agent of the Svirfneblin, gave me as a mission to go to my mother cousin in Jevvox, to speak with him, collect all possible information and investigate the situation, reporting monthly back to him using the usual ways.

I also need to keep the eyes open concerning gnomes in danger of getting bleached and I have to report any issue about this both to my father, through my grandma, and to my cousin. They take very seriously the assignment of fighting the bleaching in any possible way.

After discussing with my cousin Room, he suggested to go to Pitax and search a friend of him, also cleric of Cayden Cailean. He probably could help me in finding contacts to get ready for my mission in the Stolen Lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment